Monday, December 31, 2012
New Year's Resolutions
Before 2012 I had never really set resolutions for the coming years. However, last year I decided that I wanted to try and be a writer. I made a goal of releasing at least two books. By the end of the year I had two novels, three novellas, and three short stories. I kicked last year's resolution right in the ass.
SO, I'm upping the goals for this year dramatically. Grab onto your butts:
1. Write and release ten novels. This is going to be a tough one. Not all of us are cyborgs like Elle Casey, so I'm going to have to really push myself to get that many books out. I guess that's what resolutions are for.
2. Blog three times a week. That's right. You'll have the distinct pleasure of reading even more of my drivel. I enjoy blogging quite a bit but it ended up taking a backseat towards the end of the year as I rushed to finish West of Hell. Unfortunately Facebook has made a lot of changes during that time, most of them dumb as shit, and now my readers can't see half of my posts. Because of that I'm going to shift back to the blog and continue to ramble on about inane stuff.
3. Write a new series with Elle Casey. We're writing a book together in February and we're hoping to make a series out of it. These will be written alongside our other novels so I don't know how often a new book in the series will be released, but hopefully we'll get at least three out.
4. Contribute to at least three anthologies. This one is pretty simple, assuming that I can find three editors (or one that will build three anthologies) who will take my stories. I already have one in the can for February, so I'm already kicking this resolution's ass.
5. Release a short story collection. Not much to explain here. I have three short stories already. In order to have enough to release a collection I'll probably have to write at least seven more.
So there you have it. It's going to be an incredibly busy year for me, but it should also be a great boon to my writing career. Just looking back at all of these goals, I better get off the internet and start punching the keyboard.