Here are my tentative goals for the next half a year or so. I say tentative because I usually blow my deadlines to finish one book, and then release the next early. What can I say - I suck.
1. Release DEVOURED during the last week of June or the first of July. I only have a few more pages to write, followed by a second and third draft. This goal is a piece of cake.
2. Write three more short stories through July and August so I can release a collection of them by the time the NFL season starts. I already have the imagery for the cover, but I need more stories. I'll submit one of these to a new anthology called STALKERS.
3. Complete the sequel to DEVOURED which will be titled CONSUMED. I have some really cool ideas for this book and I plan on starting it within a week or two of finishing the first. The hope is to release it in August.
4. Write a sequel to ACES HIGH with Elle Casey. I have no idea when we're going to actually sit down and do this, but we've kicked around some interesting stuff for it. It'll take a little longer for us to write because we're both working on other stuff, but it will get done at some point this year.
5. After CONSUMED I will either write a third book in the series (if anyone survives the second one) or I'll start a completely different novel. I already have the story for it in my head. It's a real doozy. This book has to be out by the end of October.
6. And now... the book I've been promising forever... REVERB. I really, really want to finish this by the end of the year. The problem is that the ending of ECHOES was so crazy, that the world will have fundamentally changed. If you haven't read the book, don't worry, I won't spoil it for you. But I need to think this one through some more. I want to nail it. Asher Benson is seriously pissed off in it, I'll tell you that much.
- ANTHOLOGY OF SHORT STORIES
- UNTITLED NOVEL
- ACES HIGH SEQUEL
The question is whether or not I can do all of this by January or so. Probably not, but I'm sure as hell going to try. Beyond writing these, I'll also have several of them produced in audiobook format, which is just too cool.
Oh, I also want to finish this diet so I drink BEER again!
Anyone want to share their goals, writing or otherwise?